NirSoft - freeware utilities: password recovery, system utilities, desktop utilities

August 04, 2005

 

NirSoft - freeware utilities: password recovery, system utilities, desktop utilities: "NirSoft web site provides a unique collection of small and useful freeware utilities, all of them developed by Nir Sofer. "

Take a look at his MessenPass, Mail PassView, and his Protected Storage PassView utilities... these will blow your mind! MessenPass pulled out my Gaim Yahoo! Messenger account password and Mail PassView was able to pull out several Outlook account password on my box in a matter of seconds (as long as it took for me to double-click). The Protected Storage PassView utility pulls passwords out of IE (saved logins) and just showed me why I NEVER save my passwords in IE or Firefox. This is some scary stuff.. that's one reason why losing physical access to a box results in the end of your security. Wow. If I were you, I'd get this stuff before he wises up and starts selling it.. Right now everything is FREEWARE.

0 comments: