Suggested Firefox Extensions

October 22, 2005

 

Here's the Firefox extensions that I think are "MUST HAVES" for proper Firefox use:

Googlebar Lite - A light-weight Google search toolbar.
BlogThis - Adds right-click access to Blogger's BlogThis popup.
Image Zoom - Adds zoom functionality for images.
IE View - Open pages in IE via FireFox menus.
Gmail Notifier - A notifier for Gmail accounts.
PDF Download - Allows to choose wheter you want to view a PDF file in a new tab or to download it.
TinyUrl Creator - Brings the http://tinyurl.com functionality into Firefox.
Open link in... - Adds more tab/window opening options to the context menus.
Forecastfox - Get weather forecasts from Accuweather and display it in any toolbar or status bar.
ChatZilla - Clean, easy to use and highly extensible IRC client.
Edit Config Files - Edit Firefox's configuration files.
Adblock - Filters ads from web-pages (can import/export and use wildcards).
Tabbrowser Preferences - Enhances control over some aspects of tabbed browsing.
Fasterfox - Performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
SessionSaver - Magically restores your last browsing session and allows you to save sessions.
Download Statusbar - View and manage downloads from a tidy statusbar.
Download Manager Tweak - A modification of the Firefox download manager.
Tab X - Adds a close button to each of the browser tabs.
ShowIP - Show the IP address of the current page in the status bar and can pull whois info.
Copy Plain Text - Copies text without formatting.

I hope you find them as useful as I have. I suggest going to the Firefox Extensions page for installation. Don't have Firefox yet?? Get it here: Get Firefox.

8 comments:

The Computer Guys said...

Yo, you have a Terrific blog here! Lots of content means more readers, more readers means more interaction!
I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a
scan window xpsite/blog. It pretty much covers scan window xp related stuff.
Come take a Look when you get a chance. :-)

Anonymous said...

free and easy internetjob for everybody in the world Networker

ebook cover design said...

Interesting post there Seth C.. I often explore various blogs and enjoy checking out everyone's viewpoint. I don't always agree with them of course but that's what makes the web such a cool place to surf! I was actually trying to find some info about virtual ebook covers and searched for virtual ebook covers when I saw your this post comment.

Anonymous said...

Great Blog you have here! I am going to bookmark this one.

Play free online gamestoday at arcade queen

play free arcade gameplay free arcade game

Play until you drop but whatever you do don't let your boss catch you!

Goji Juice said...

Hello everyone! ... sorry I'm a newbie, how does this blog thing work? I bought some products from this store: www.eBookLovers.com but too dumb to figure out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a arcade games Play Online Arcade Games FREE.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)arcade games

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a **ebooks** site/blog. It pretty much covers ebook/info/money making related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a pdf ebook site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)